Free Zones are defined as fenced-in areas in which special regulatory treatment exists for the operating users in order to promote exports of goods and services. Free zones offer more convenient and flexible business climate in order to increase trade volume and export for some industrial and commercial activities as compared to the other parts of country.
Functions and Purposes of Free Zones in Turkey:
- Promoting export oriented investment and production.
- Accelerating foreign direct investment and technology access.
- Directing enterprises towards export.
- Developing international trade.
- Providing low cost production and export of goods with the incentives
- Providing the production industry the opportunity to reach raw materials and intermediate goods easily and with low cost.
- Sale of goods in transit to other countries.
- Creating job opportunities.